Saturday, January 06, 2007

Start of 2007!

This is the first post of 2007. Tomorrow, lessons will start and it is back to busy days again. During these 2 months of holiday, I thought of a lot of things and for once get my long awaited break. I guess it is the first time I am feeling so relaxed, perhaps there are no holiday tasks to complete and it is already my final stage in my academic path. It is so strange, in the past, we do not feell the pinch when we were asked to pay the school fees, now we pay so much for half a year of studies annually. No wonder foriegners always say that as Singaporeans , we are lucky to have a heavily subsidised education system.

I did not cherish the chance of being able to enter Junior College so I ended up doing badly in my studies. It has always been my wish to enter local University, but nope in the end, I failed. Well, in the past, I would be really sad and depressed, but now it no longer bothers me so as much as it used to be. I am a very organized person, that is what I believed myself to be. My academic life is to move from Primary school to express stream in Secondary School to Junior College to University. Now, it no longer go as planned. People might term me as being stubborn, do I really need to be in University to be considered normal? Still, it is a pity.

I really cherish this chance and plus I forked out money to pay for my school fees too. Fortunately, in NS, I managed to save up quite a bit, and it is now put to good use. I always believe it is good to save at least half of your pocket money or allowance, as you never know when you need it. Of course not to the extent of being stingy, you can make do with cheaper alternatives rather than go for class. I personally do not go for branded goods, afterall, it is just the name that is different.

A plate of Chicken rice in a coffeeshop can sometimes be more delicious than those served in restaurants. It is nothing wrong to go for class but you must be able to afford it. In Chinese, we have a saying, “没有这么大个的头, 就不要戴这么大个的帽子”。(if you do not have such a big head, don't wear such a big hat.) This means do not be too ambitious and act as if you have that ability. If you are not able to afford branded goods, make do with similar goods that offers the same function and with similar characteristics.

I don't know about others, my parents taught us to be thrifty since young, so till now, I do not waste money unnecessarily. Others can exclaim and ask why I managed to save quite a bit, but it is not one year or two years effort, it is accumulated from young. Now, have to use these savings to pay my school fees, I feel the pinch and must make these savings worthwhile. I admit I am more concerned with money, if not I would not choose to study Accountancy. I know accountants undergo a lot of stress, but I prefer figures to dealing with different kinds of people. I don't know if I will end up as an accountnat, it is my wish now.

I envy the eloquency of the sales people, how come they can persuade people to purchase their products so easily? If it was me, I would stumble and even provoke the potential customers. I admire their perserverance, and their tolerance. Some people can be nasty and make things difficult for those doing sales. Currently, I feel I will be the first one to quit if I am in a job which requires me to sell something. In the first place, they would not even hire me as I am not confident and speak monotonously.However, I am that type of person who will avoid sales people, as I know I am going to "lose" some unnecessary money soon. Anyway, they also sledom approach me, as I am definitely not the potential customer type. I feel that if you do not have the intention to buy something from sales people, don't waste one another time. He or She could have got a deal during that period of time.

Try not to vent your frustrations on them, they are just doing their jobs. I don't understand why some people can be so nasty and scold them , embarssing not only the sales people but themselves too. I always believe it is better to leave some leeway for the other party, who knows when you will be in the same predicament as the other party? Aiyah, I am writing such weird things again. Alright, I end here now.

No comments: