Saturday, August 26, 2006

ORD Liao

ORD ! Operational Ready Date is what half of the population is talking about when they are enlisted in the National Service. I know it is not right to think of ORDing all the time but in the army, every NSFs will talk about this three letter acronym. It is almost all NSFs' goal in their NS life to ORD. Now I finally ORD and I am glad I fulfil my 2 years 4 months of obligations to the country though I am a service personnel. I like to thank my parents for their support, my friends for their help, god for letting me have a learning experience rather than wasting that period of time and of course myself for bearing through the 2 years 4 months.

I know I have in the course of NS provoked certain people becasue of my tactless antics but this is life, no one is perfect and you cannot expect everyone to have a good impression of you. I do not wish to talk about NS anymore now that I am out of the obligations. From now on, I am a NS men and no longer a NSF. Actually, thinking through, these period have past by quite fast, it is 2 yaers indeed but 2 years out of the 80 years of existence on average is just abt 2 %- 3 % the most. Of course, a lot of untruth can be generated using percentages, you can also manipulate the numbers by setting a narrower base. I can say that compared to the 12 years of pre-adult education, 2 years is a significant percentage, about 16.66666667%. There will be different. That is why I think as human beings, we must not misuse numbers and be numerically illeterate.

In life, there are so many changes each day, so many uncertainties, so many events happening. If we list down each type of canges it will be endless and to categorise them is a neverending task as our perceptions changed with the environment. I only believe in knowledge being the fixed entity in the world, people can change, information can change, environment can change, climate can change, thoughts can change but only knowledge and wisdom will not change. We often ask oursleves why we exist in the first place but forget that we are fortunate to be a living person.

In life, we are forever seeking to live better, to make our existence to living. Rather than thinking of the impossible answer of why we exist, we could think about what can we do to make our environment , our fellow homosapiens more humane, our closed ones happy and our thinking more efficient.This is the real meaning of life and not mere existence. This is my life so I will live it to the fullest. Alright, I end here now.

No comments: