Friday, June 23, 2006

35 days to go

In 35 days time, I am embarking on a new journey in my life. It has been 2 years 8 months since I studied. Life as a student will be even more challenging, and I have to move on with life. I hope I can go and leave peacefully, without any painful memories. A lot of admin stuff to do, ORD
clearance, AFR, leave forecast, leftover tasks. I do not yearn for much now, just quietly do everything that is needed.

I know I still have a long way to go before I can get everything I want, a career, stable income, leisure time and skills. In life, we yearn to be somebody but in the end are we really the "somebody" we yearn for in the first place? I do not wish to be ideal, perfect or outstanding, I just want to be myself. Sometimes, it is hard to be just yourself as it is not up to one to decide who he wants to be in this competitive society. Sometimes, society just cannot accept part of you and you have to change to being someone you do not even know.

How many people can actually be able to be himself and not just "somebody" in today's society?
Even that "somebody" we yearn for do want to be normal just like us. So after so much effort to be that somebody, we end up being neither that somebody or our true self. In order to survive, we have to wear many layers of masks that we feel so meaningless and lose interest in the things we do. The important thing is not to lose your own identity. Being a normal and true person is my aim. I have been trying to be one the past 2 years. Alright, I end here now.

No comments: